Welcome!

Joel and I have sensed a calling to international adoption for many years. In May, 2009 God made it abundantly clear that it was time. After much prayer, research and wise counsel we began the process to adopt a daughter from China. God directed us to an incredible agency that was founded by a family with an amazing testimony. This blog is a chronicle of our journey, to inform our friends and family and as a record of events for our daughter to read one day. Join us in the journey... it is sure to be an adventure!

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Dossier is in China


I just received word that our dossier has been hand-delivered to the CCAA. This is the department of the Chinese government that is responsible for approving and matching orphans with their families. What a journey! This all began in early June, 2009. Now, 9 months later (how appropriate), the paper pregnancy truly begins. I just re-read my first post on this blog and shook my head at aspirations to have our paperwork in China by December. Oh well...His timing is perfect, and He is orchestrating it all. Of this I am sure.

This weekend, while at a retreat with some great women from my home church, I received word that the paperwork was in transit to China. To celebrate, I finally broke down and did something that I have been restraining myself from for months. I bought Grace's first dress.

I have avoided this for several reasons. One of these being that it could literally be several years before we are matched. Styles change and all that, but this one drew me in and I could not resist. So, one day our daughter will wear this lacy, girly dress. And, one day when she is grown I will give it to her and share it's significance in her story. Bit by bit, by a stocking, a dress, a room soon to be prepared and through many prayers...she is becoming a part of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment